Chinti and Parker is a small, but fast-growing fashion business working with a team of talented and committed individuals who share in the brand's ethos of style with integrity. At every level of the business, employees embrace not only their own roles, but the needs of the company as a whole, contributing ideas, time and energy into bringing out the very best in this inspiring brand. We are based centrally in Wigmore Street with the iconic Selfridges Department store on our doorstep!
If you are interested in working for Chinti and Parker, please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Reporting to: Head of International Sales
Based: Head Office, Wigmore St, London W1
With a passion for innovative knit design, London-based cousins Anna Singh and Rachael Wood founded Chinti and Parker in 2009 to bring a new level of tactility to contemporary womenswear. Driven by the concept of ‘material creativity’, the brand uses the finest yarns to create collections underpinned by sophisticated textures and distinctive character.
With strong backgrounds in fashion and beauty, yet armed with an inherent understanding of what women feel good in, Anna and Rachael sought to combine a playful approach with timeless techniques, and to inject colour, texture and spirit into the current market. They saw an opportunity to use cashmere in distinctive new ways, creating ready-to-wear collections elevated by time-honoured textile processes. By using the finest cottons, softest cashmere and lightest merinos, and working with the most respected mills, the brand experiments with knit, stays loyal to luxury craftsmanship and is effortless in style.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated International Account Executive to join our growing team. The role will cover global sales and wholesale administration, with a focus on EMEA and APAC. The candidate must be fully fluent in English, and at least one of the following: Italian, French, Russian, Korean, Chinese
- Drive business with existing accounts
- Strong focus on developing new business in all territories, creating firm relationships with international stockists and supporting them with training, reorders, and swaps as necessary
- Administrative support to the Head of Sales from pre-season preparation through selling markets and after sales support
- Being innovative in ways to maximise efficiency with existing business and finding new business
- Maintaining highest standards of customer service at all times
- Ad hoc non-wholesale related administration duties
- Working with the Head of Sales to create sales targets by store in designated territories, strategizing each season to obtain these targets
- Organisation and management of the set-up of international showrooms and trade shows
- Researching new business, booking appointments, pre-showroom preparation
- Attending all major trade markets in London, Paris, and New York where necessary
- Selling directly to International Accounts
- Ensuring orders are reviewed, relevant feedback given & orders submitted by deadline
- Working with the merchandising and logistics teams on order processing and analysis, after sales analysis and support
- Sample co-ordination during market between showrooms
- In store and remote product training & visiting top 10 International accounts at seasonal launch periods where appropriate, supporting with on hand & selling tools
- Working directly with accounts on marketing initiatives, events, incentives, uniform, shop fit/displays
- Analysing sell throughs, recommending & driving reorders, stock swaps & SOR in conjunction with the Head of Sales and Merchandising
- Assisting the Head of Sales in supporting the Key Accounts, management of training sessions, brand building and other measures in-store throughout the season
- Wholesale customer database management, including maps
- 2-5 years previous experience of Womenswear wholesale sales
- Comfortable travelling abroad whenever required
- Strong commercial awareness
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Develop strong business relationships externally and internally to gain support and cooperation to drive business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Exceptional organisation, analytical, and IT skills, particularly excel and operational/selling systems
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of the fashion industry and specifically wholesale KPI’s.
- Responsible for sales globally in conjunction with the Head of Sales, with a focus on EMEA and APAC.
- The role will also require attendance and assistance at all customer facing events
- Aware of the international fashion industry, trends and key wholesale accounts
- Developed selling skills
- Keen relationship builder with a hunger to develop their network
- Strategic & creative thinker
- Understanding of financials & KPI’s. Target & goals driven
- Proactive follow through to optimise/maximise revenues
- Understands Brand values & demonstrates through behaviours
- Partnership approach with both internal & external partners
- Good listener and keen learner
- Well Presented at all times
Key Internal Relationships
Merchandising, Production, Wholesale Logistics
DIGITAL TRADING ASSISTANT
Reporting to: Senior Digital Manager
We are looking for an organised Digital Trading Assistant with an abundance of enthusiasm to join and be part of a very exciting phase in Digital for the company. Supporting both the Senior Digital Manager and the Digital Marketing and Copywriting Assistant, the candidate must be passionate about fashion and always has the customer at the forefront of their mind, embracing the online customer experience by creatively and commercially looking at how we can showcase our products to drive conversion. A great opportunity to also learn broader aspects of the Digital world.
- Responsible for actioning the full product life cycle online, creating the product catalogue for each collection and working cross departments to get all information needed to ensure products are launched on time
- Actioning the processing of all retail orders (including fraud screening), returns and exchanges through the Magento platform
- Under the guidance of the Digital Marketing and Copywriting Assistant, action the re-merchandising the site according to commercial direction and ensuring the taxonomy fully represents each season’s direction and the company’s commercial objectives/marketing strategies
- Grow the average order value and units per order through effective cross-selling of products
- Co-ordinating and publishing weekly content updates to the site
- Performing regular site checks and undertaking competitor analysis to help propose recommendations
- Work closely with the merchandising team on understanding when new lines are due to launch, stock replenishment and product levels to effectively merchandise the site
- Optimisation of the online user experience to drive up conversions and revenue
- Optimise on-site search
- Responsible for overseeing retail packaging levels and ordering top ups in a timely manner
- Assisting with customer service
- Provide weekly competitor marketing analysis
- Be ready to step into Digital Marketing and Copywriting Assistant’s shoes when required e.g. holidays
- Good Microsoft Office Skills: Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational and time management skills
- Proficient and able to learn new systems quickly
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- The ability to remain agile and responsive as plans change – flexibility is key
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Sense of humour and a positive attitude
- Experience with a CMS, Magento would be beneficial
- Knowledge of a web analytics tool such as Google Analytics
- Fashion brand experience
FASHION DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Will be a Fashion Design Student who ideally has a good understanding of design across all categories, strong CAD and Illustrator skills and a can-do attitude whilst enjoying working in a dynamic challenging environment. This role is suitable for someone who can use initiative, is inquisitive and keen to learn across all areas of the design process. The student should be organized and willing to also work across all areas of the business, when required including, but not limited to, shoot production assistance and merchandizing administrative tasks.
Work and support the Design Team in achieving their target of on time delivery of a collection that is commercial and within margin and ultimately responsible for the administrative organization of the Design Team.
- Maintain all fabric and yarn cards so that they are up to date and available for deign meetings
- Assist with Lab dips and Strike-offs for both Woven’s and Knitwear and maintain organisation of these
- Take notes in all design meetings and email them to the team in a timely manner
- Organise the mood and design boards
- Prepare the design area prior to all design meetings
- Attend sourcing trips as required e.g. London Trade Fairs
- Independently source trims across London as and when the Design Team require.
- Assist in the creation of mocks ups for Knitwear and Woven’s. To include, hand stitching and the use of sewing machines to do so.
Tech Pack preparation
- Assist the Designers/Product Developer to coordinate the final stages of tech pack building where required.
- Responsible for the booking of all outgoing couriers to fabric/yarn/trims suppliers and factories during the development phase, as well as the notification of courier awb number and subsequent tracking to each supplier. Cost of courier must be communicated to the Product Developer (knit) and Designer (wovens) for budgetary monitoring and entered into a tracker. Responsible for the booking into the department of all inbound Design couriers, tracking the on time arrival and distribution to the correct team member. Unpack courier and hang garments where requested and record all styles entering the business with a date on the tracker.
- Responsible for organising appointments with suppliers on behalf of the Design and Product Developer and entering all information into the calendar and ensuring meeting rooms are booked. Organising critical path sign off meetings throughout the development phase under the direction of the Product Developer and Senior Designer, and ensuring meeting rooms are booked.
- Assist with the creation of Flat drawings in Illustrator, across Knitwear and Woven’s
- Assist with the creation of colourway options in both pattern work and flat drawings
- Assist with the creation of clear swatch and print packs to send to suppliers
Factory Overviews and Design Boards
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all factory overview and design boards
- Assist with the measuring of protos and samples
- Have a hands on approach, offering help to the team/company where/when required outside of general responsibilities.
- A personal project will be set for the time that our Intern is with us. This is an opportunity for the student to work on their own design work, with the Chinti and Parker aesthetic in mind. The student should use this as an opportunity to work on an industry style project using the skills that have been learnt throughout the internship, which can be then used in their portfolio. The project will be reviewed at stages by the design team to help with the development of the project.
We will also cover travel and lunch expenses.
If you are interested in the above position, please email a CV and cover letter with a few examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fashion Design Intern Position on the subject line.