Chinti and Parker is a small, but fast-growing fashion business working with a team of talented and committed individuals who share in the brand's ethos of style with integrity. At every level of the business, employees embrace not only their own roles, but the needs of the company as a whole, contributing ideas, time and energy into bringing out the very best in this inspiring brand. We are based centrally in Wigmore Street with the iconic Selfridges Department store on our doorstep!
If you are interested in working for Chinti and Parker, please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
A new and varied role working within a fast paced and growing fashion office environment. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on individual who is happy to get stuck in and keen to learn! The role will be supporting the current office manager both in terms or organising the general office as well as supporting the MD and founders of the company with ad hoc requirements.
No previous office experience is required but we are looking for an individual who is interested in office management/support as a career.
- Office petty cash & company credit card reconciliation
- Kitchen supply management
- Office supply management
- Maintenance of office environment
- Maintenance & upkeep of sample archive in office
- Overseeing meeting rooms and preparation for key meetings, including refreshments
- Daily despatch of post & courier packages
- Coordination of meeting set up for Senior Management
- Assistance in the resolution of technical issues alongside external IT support
- Ad hoc event support (sample sales, press days, office parties)
- Showroom preparation and maintenance for key sales appointments
- Support with Sample preparation and requirements for PR agency
- Management of press files
- Running ad hoc errands for MD/Founders at their request
- Online research for key projects
- Previous experience working in an office environment is beneficial but not essential
- Must be an energetic individual, with bags of enthusiasm – personality fit is key!
- Excellent organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be happy working as part of a team, but also able to work on own initiative
- They need to be a flexible & proactive individual who enjoys variety in his/her role & is a strong multitasker & quick learner.
- An independent individual as well as a collaborative team player.
Hours: 9am-6pm however some flexibility allowed (e.g. 8.30am-5.30pm also acceptable.)
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Holiday: 20 days excluding bank holidays
If you are interested in the above position, please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected] with 'Office Assistant' on the subject line
FASHION DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Will be a Fashion Design Student who ideally has a good understanding of design across all categories, strong CAD and Illustrator skills and a can-do attitude whilst enjoying working in a dynamic challenging environment. This role is suitable for someone who can use initiative, is inquisitive and keen to learn across all areas of the design process. The student should be organized and willing to also work across all areas of the business, when required including, but not limited to, shoot production assistance and merchandizing administrative tasks.
Work and support the Design Team in achieving their target of on time delivery of a collection that is commercial and within margin and ultimately responsible for the administrative organization of the Design Team.
- Maintain all fabric and yarn cards so that they are up to date and available for deign meetings
- Assist with Lab dips and Strike-offs for both Woven’s and Knitwear and maintain organisation of these
- Take notes in all design meetings and email them to the team in a timely manner
- Organise the mood and design boards
- Prepare the design area prior to all design meetings
- Attend sourcing trips as required e.g. London Trade Fairs
- Independently source trims across London as and when the Design Team require.
- Assist in the creation of mocks ups for Knitwear and Woven’s. To include, hand stitching and the use of sewing machines to do so.
Tech Pack preparation
- Assist the Designers/Product Developer to coordinate the final stages of tech pack building where required.
- Responsible for the booking of all outgoing couriers to fabric/yarn/trims suppliers and factories during the development phase, as well as the notification of courier awb number and subsequent tracking to each supplier. Cost of courier must be communicated to the Product Developer (knit) and Designer (wovens) for budgetary monitoring and entered into a tracker. Responsible for the booking into the department of all inbound Design couriers, tracking the on time arrival and distribution to the correct team member. Unpack courier and hang garments where requested and record all styles entering the business with a date on the tracker.
- Responsible for organising appointments with suppliers on behalf of the Design and Product Developer and entering all information into the calendar and ensuring meeting rooms are booked. Organising critical path sign off meetings throughout the development phase under the direction of the Product Developer and Senior Designer, and ensuring meeting rooms are booked.
- Assist with the creation of Flat drawings in Illustrator, across Knitwear and Woven’s
- Assist with the creation of colourway options in both pattern work and flat drawings
- Assist with the creation of clear swatch and print packs to send to suppliers
Factory Overviews and Design Boards
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all factory overview and design boards
- Assist with the measuring of protos and samples
- Have a hands on approach, offering help to the team/company where/when required outside of general responsibilities.
- A personal project will be set for the time that our Intern is with us. This is an opportunity for the student to work on their own design work, with the Chinti and Parker aesthetic in mind. The student should use this as an opportunity to work on an industry style project using the skills that have been learnt throughout the internship, which can be then used in their portfolio. The project will be reviewed at stages by the design team to help with the development of the project.
We will also cover travel and lunch expenses.
If you are interested in the above position, please email a CV and cover letter with a few examples of your work to [email protected] with Fashion Design Intern Position on the subject line.