Chinti and Parker is a small, but fast-growing fashion business working with a team of talented and committed individuals who share in the brand's ethos of style with integrity. At every level of the business, employees embrace not only their own roles, but the needs of the company as a whole, contributing ideas, time and energy into bringing out the very best in this inspiring brand. We are based centrally in Wigmore Street with the iconic Selfridges Department store on our doorstep!
If you are interested in working for Chinti and Parker, please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
FASHION DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Will be a Fashion Design Student who ideally has a good understanding of design across all categories, strong CAD and Illustrator skills and a can-do attitude whilst enjoying working in a dynamic challenging environment. This role is suitable for someone who can use initiative, is inquisitive and keen to learn across all areas of the design process. The student should be organized and willing to also work across all areas of the business, when required including, but not limited to, shoot production assistance and merchandizing administrative tasks.
Work and support the Design Team in achieving their target of on time delivery of a collection that is commercial and within margin and ultimately responsible for the administrative organization of the Design Team.
- Maintain all fabric and yarn cards so that they are up to date and available for deign meetings
- Assist with Lab dips and Strike-offs for both Woven’s and Knitwear and maintain organisation of these
- Take notes in all design meetings and email them to the team in a timely manner
- Organise the mood and design boards
- Prepare the design area prior to all design meetings
- Attend sourcing trips as required e.g. London Trade Fairs
- Independently source trims across London as and when the Design Team require.
- Assist in the creation of mocks ups for Knitwear and Woven’s. To include, hand stitching and the use of sewing machines to do so.
Tech Pack preparation
- Assist the Designers/Product Developer to coordinate the final stages of tech pack building where required.
- Responsible for the booking of all outgoing couriers to fabric/yarn/trims suppliers and factories during the development phase, as well as the notification of courier awb number and subsequent tracking to each supplier. Cost of courier must be communicated to the Product Developer (knit) and Designer (wovens) for budgetary monitoring and entered into a tracker. Responsible for the booking into the department of all inbound Design couriers, tracking the on time arrival and distribution to the correct team member. Unpack courier and hang garments where requested and record all styles entering the business with a date on the tracker.
- Responsible for organising appointments with suppliers on behalf of the Design and Product Developer and entering all information into the calendar and ensuring meeting rooms are booked. Organising critical path sign off meetings throughout the development phase under the direction of the Product Developer and Senior Designer, and ensuring meeting rooms are booked.
- Assist with the creation of Flat drawings in Illustrator, across Knitwear and Woven’s
- Assist with the creation of colourway options in both pattern work and flat drawings
- Assist with the creation of clear swatch and print packs to send to suppliers
Factory Overviews and Design Boards
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all factory overview and design boards
- Assist with the measuring of protos and samples
- Have a hands on approach, offering help to the team/company where/when required outside of general responsibilities.
- A personal project will be set for the time that our Intern is with us. This is an opportunity for the student to work on their own design work, with the Chinti and Parker aesthetic in mind. The student should use this as an opportunity to work on an industry style project using the skills that have been learnt throughout the internship, which can be then used in their portfolio. The project will be reviewed at stages by the design team to help with the development of the project.
We will also cover travel and lunch expenses.
If you are interested in the above position, please email a CV and cover letter with a few examples of your work to [email protected] with Fashion Design Intern Position on the subject line.
DIGITAL CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT
We are looking for a Digital Customer Service Assistant with an abundance of enthusiasm to join and be part of the exciting growth in Digital for the company. Reporting to the Senior Digital Manager, the candidate will be outgoing and enthusiastic who enjoys solving problems efficiently with a positive attitude.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Day to day management of customer services including answering customer calls, taking telephone orders, and replying to customer emails and messages through the website and social media platforms in a manner that supports our company objective of Customer Service Excellence and helps us to achieve our commercial targets
- Using your product knowledge to guide and advise customers
- Comfortable using phone calls and/or emails to take opportunities to cross sell / up sell to customers
- Monitoring and managing the processing of all retail orders (including fraud screening)
- Process returns and exchanges through the Magento platform and Netsuite system
- Working closely with our fulfilment centre to ensure the safe delivery of all retail orders
- Act as a first contact point for any web enquiries coming from the warehouse
- Work with the garment technologist on any QC issues
- Proactively look at improvements to processes
- Assist the Digital Trading Assistant on website checks, updates and product uploads ensuring the website is optimised to maximise sales
- Have a passion for customer service
- Preferably previous online customer service experience working for a fashion retailer, experience in the luxury sector would be desirable
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken
- Good Microsoft Office Skills: Word and Excel
- Shows personal drive, ambition & always maintains integrity
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational and time management skills
- Proficient and able to learn new systems quickly
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- The ability to remain agile and responsive as plans change – flexibility is key
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Sense of humour and a positive attitude
- Experience with a CMS, Magento would be beneficial